Double Gracey™ instruments, the latest innovation from American Eagle Instruments, are a line of instruments that combine two instruments in one. This allows the operator to follow the Gracey technique, but with the economy of using universal curettes. The face of Double Gracey™ instruments are raised, thus creating two slightly sloped faces, approximately 110 degrees, measured from the terminal (lower) shank.
- Allows the clinician to stay in one ergonomic position during scaling without shifting positions
- Allows clinician to keep lower shank parallel to tooth surface (axis), similar to traditional Gracey instrumentation
- Maneuver between mesial and distal surfaces without switching or flipping instruments
- Enables clinician to scale from light to heavy calculus
- Rounded toe provides safe access for subgingival scaling